1. HVC cases, through Med U. Available at: http://www.med-u.org/population-health/high-value-care-hvc. Module A on high value care and clinical reasoning, Module B on diagnostic testing, Module F on insurance, Module G on waste, and Module H on vaccines.
You do not need to be a member of MedU to access these casesâ€”they are free of charge to all.
All MedEdPortal cases can be accessed without charge through your school if it is a member of the AAMC (as are all allopathic medical schools):
2. Moriates C, Shah N, Levy A, Lin M, Fogerty R, Arora V. The Teaching Value Workshop. MedEdPORTAL Publication; 2014. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/9859 http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9859 - See more at: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/9859#sthash.rE5QtN3h.dpuf
3. Woods S, Avery C, Bartlett K, Bordley W, Chung A, Eichner B, Key-Solle M, McLean H, Ming D. High Value Care Pediatric Curriculum. MedEdPORTAL Publication; 2015. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10146http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10146 - See more at: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10146#sthash.68PorJRv.dpuf
4. Duke P, Cochran N. How to Communicate Value Added Care: Negotiation and Saying No. MedEdPORTAL Publication; 2014. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/9894 http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9894 - See more at: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/9894#sthash.1GzwGUFy.dpuf
5. Ryan Padrez, Adam Schickedanz, Alan Schroeder, Carolyn Avery, Suzanne Woods, Lauren Walker, Jimmy Beck, Lisa Herrmann, and Michael Cabana. The PedsValue Modules - A Nationally Developed Pediatric High Value Care Education Series. Available at: https://www.acponline.org/clinical-information/high-value-care/resources-for-clinicians/high-value-care-pediatric-cases
Though you will be asked to register and login, there is no charge for these cases.
6. Vanderbilt noon conference series: An innovative resident conference to teach cost-effective, evidence-based diagnosis of pediatric illness. Wayne Liang, Erin Powell, Tyler Reimschisel, Whitney Browning, Rebecca Swan. Slide set available at: https://www.appd.org/meetings/2014SpringPresentations/WS29Slides.pdf
7. Jonas JA, Ronan JC, Petrie I, Fieldston ES. Description and Evaluation of an Educational Intervention on Health Care Costs and Value. Hosp Peds 2016; 6(2):72-6.
8. Walker LL, RamaJ, Whitney S. Dollars, Values and Sense in Medical Decision Making. http://care.baylorcme.org
1. Baylor-2nd year classroom curriculum--Mary Rocha, Anne Gill, Lauren Walker, Steven Whitney; in process for MedEdPortal
2. Holmes AV, Ralston SL. Teaching high-value care in pediatrics through a reflective writing exercise. (Dartmouth)